Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
Re-purposing America's war machine.
A target that Republicans and Democrats can unite in vindictive harmony against.
Iraq Veterans Against the War and human rights organizations in both the US and Iraq are collecting signatures for a petition to pressure the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights to hold a hearing on the human rights impacts of US wars.
Here's how to turn the US-Mexican border into a war zone.
Director Kirby Dick and producer Amy Ziering tell The Nation what the military can do to prevent sexual assault.
Since the dawn of air power, supporters have advanced fantasies that, again and again, have failed to pan out—while civilians die in often staggering numbers.
Despite efforts to discredit him, Bradley Manning's extraordinary statement in court revealed that, like other whistleblowers, he was driven by his concern for the greater good.
Not once has Obama’s nominee voted to reject a defense budget.
The National Intelligence Community’s Global Trends report reveals a future of continued fearmongering and American exceptionalism.
The US military’s “Pacific Pivot” is raising tensions with China and prompting local resistance.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
Facebook Like Box