Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
War! What is it good for? Profit and power.
Dear Abby’s military counterpart answers questions about leaks, spies and military furniture.
Eight exceptional(ly dumb) American achievements of the twenty-first century.
Re-purposing America's war machine.
A target that Republicans and Democrats can unite in vindictive harmony against.
Iraq Veterans Against the War and human rights organizations in both the US and Iraq are collecting signatures for a petition to pressure the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights to hold a hearing on the human rights impacts of US wars.
Here's how to turn the US-Mexican border into a war zone.
Director Kirby Dick and producer Amy Ziering tell The Nation what the military can do to prevent sexual assault.
Since the dawn of air power, supporters have advanced fantasies that, again and again, have failed to pan out—while civilians die in often staggering numbers.
Despite efforts to discredit him, Bradley Manning's extraordinary statement in court revealed that, like other whistleblowers, he was driven by his concern for the greater good.
- Why Hong Kong’s ‘Occupy Central’ Movement Has Beijing Very, Very Scared
- The Supreme Court That Made It Easier to Buy Elections Just Made It Harder for People to Vote in Them
- Are Gaza Protests Coming to the NBA Preseason?
- How to Destroy a Public-School System
- What’s Wrong With the Radical Critique of the People’s Climate March
Facebook Like Box