Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
An Air Force veteran explains how we all got drafted into the American national security state.
Despite all evidence to the contrary, many Americans continue to believe that brutality, torture and rank illegality is the road to national safety.
Since 2002, veterans have been committing murder individually and in groups, killing family, friends, strangers and—in appalling numbers—themselves.
When US soldiers venture abroad, women’s bodies can become the occupied territories.
Recollections from Tom Engelhardt and an interview with Schell.
Despite the uproar over reductions to defense funding, less than 1 percent of the Pentagon's beefy $550 billion budget will be cut this year.
The Pentagon’s whitewashed history of the Vietnam War provokes troubling questions about how the invasion of Iraq will one day be remembered.
War is just another game the US loves to play.
The Pentagon’s JROTC program canvasses public high schools for future soldiers.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box