Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
Why can’t Washington get the message?
The Iraq War vet turned peace activist died on the eve of Veteran’s Day.
Rather than honoring their “valor” and “heroism,” we should prevent them from killing and dying in pointless wars.
For a foreign occupying force to create a unified and effective army from a disunified and disaffected populace was (and remains) a fool’s errand.
There’s a frightening enthusiasm for war among pundits—and now the public seems ready to go along too.
Is the conflict in South Sudan the opening salvo in the battle for a continent?
On Bowe Bergdahl and conscientious objection
Eric Lomax was captured and tortured by the Japanese during World War II. Forty years later, he tracked down the man responsible.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box