Nation Topics - US Military Presence Abroad
News and Features
Is there any benefit to be found in an unbroken record of waste, futility and shame? Only if lessons learned prevent a catastrophe in Iran.
The US has three lousy options with Afghanistan. Pick one.
Will China-Japan-US tensions in the Pacific ignite a conflict and sink the global economy?
Fifty years ago, college was cheap, unions were strong and there was no terrorism-industrial complex.
The Pentagon is intent on pursuing its own global version of the Second Amendment.
Zero Dark Thirty has us arguing over whether torture works, not whether it should be banned.
Why are US taxpayers still forced to pay billions of dollars for US military bases?
The mob that breached the US embassy was angry about an anti-Muslim film—but the country’s resentment of US policy runs much deeper.
Obama’s “Smart Power’ foreign policy not smart at all.
Total tops Iraq at that war’s height.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.