Nation Topics - US Military Presence Abroad
News and Features
If you want to know what US forces are doing in Africa, it helps to be connected to a large engineering or construction firm looking for business.
The officers running secret operations there have been calling Africa "the battlefield of tomorrow, today."
Almost every move Washington has made in the region has helped spread conflict and chaos, while contributing to African destabilization.
On issues ranging from transparency to torture, “thou shalt not” became “thou shalt.”
US forces used the plight of Afghan women to justify war—but twelve years later, women are still suffering.
With drone strikes and kill lists, the president set a dangerous precedent.
How the Pentagon is using your tax dollars to turn Italy into a launching pad for the wars of today and tomorrow.
Twelve years in Afghanistan down the memory hole.
The greater Middle East’s greatest rebuff to Uncle Sam.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box