Nation Topics - US Military Presence Abroad
News and Features
US forces used the plight of Afghan women to justify war—but twelve years later, women are still suffering.
With drone strikes and kill lists, the president set a dangerous precedent.
How the Pentagon is using your tax dollars to turn Italy into a launching pad for the wars of today and tomorrow.
Twelve years in Afghanistan down the memory hole.
The greater Middle East’s greatest rebuff to Uncle Sam.
Barbie, Joe, Darth Vader and making war in children’s culture.
At ceremonies held around the sixtieth anniversary of the Korean armistice, the president sounded bellicose notes, while failing to mention national unification.
And other headlines from an upside-down history of the US military and the world.
The US military's involvement in the unraveling of a continent.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box