Nation Topics - US Military Presence Abroad
News and Features
The AUMF has legitimized expanded presidential war-making.
Jack Matlock makes the case for the United States reaching a practical compromise with Russia.
Why sending weapons to Ukraine is a reckless idea.
Who is responsible for the 5.2 million civilians trapped in Donbass?
How never-ending war became—and will stay—the new normal.
In the end, Hagel, who came to regret his reluctant vote to invade Iraq, evidently proved an uncomfortable fit.
His resignation has to be seen against the growing war fever in Washington—which is now reflected in White House policy.
The US military continues a long series of mistakes, missteps and mishaps across Africa.
Despite US military efforts, maritime insecurity has been markedly on the rise in the waters off West Africa.
Former top UN diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi lays out how decades of naïveté about Arab societies, poor planning and post-conflict miscalculations have fostered a deep mistrust and lack of confidence in the United States.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box