Nation Topics - US Intelligence
News and Features
We were ready--
Oh, so ready.
Sure, it happened, but those were the breaks.
That we never, ever make mistakes.
This year is the tenth anniversary of the end of
apartheid in South Africa, the fortieth anniversary of the Civil
Rights Act of 1964 and the fiftieth anniversary of the Supreme
The same political figures
who engineered the current debacle in Iraq are now trying to blame
the United Nations for more than $10.1 billion worth of oil revenue
they claim Saddam Hussein d
When faced with criticism, accuse. That seems to be
Attorney General John Ashcroft's rule of political survival.
Because no silver bullet could have stopped
This horrifying deed from being done,
We cannot blame those dozing on the job
For never even loading up the gun.
(George W. Bush explains the interview arrangements he's made with the 9/11 Commission)
The President vows to exploit New York City, not aid it.
When testimony came from Richard Clarke, he
Inspired White House spokesmen to get snarky,
Because, with words combining bite and bark, he
Watergate insider calls this White House "scary."
The September 11 commission has become mired in partisan bickering, as questions go unasked and new revelations are overwhelmed by the noise.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
Facebook Like Box