Nation Topics - The Left
News and Features
Liberalism—including much of what’s published in this magazine—seems well-intentioned but inadequate. The solution lies in the re-emergence of American radicalism.
Can he make New York the “progressive capital of the nation”—by empowering Republicans?
It’s because they are so beholden to their big-money contributors that they can’t fight the GOP even on issues that they know have overwhelming public support.
The president's inaugural address touched all the important bases, except one.
From Cuba to climate change to criminal justice, progressives must push the president to act—and forge a better future.
Nation readers provided good ideas—and a bit of wariness—when asked how Obamas should use his presidential authority.
President Obama’s symbolic recognition of minorities isn’t a substitute for policy, but it does matter.
From Bernie Sanders to Boots Riley, from Marcia Moody to Jane McAlevey, we celebrate nineteen activists, movements and politicians.
The time has come for a showdown between the reformist and accommodationist wings of the party.
We need to intensify the engagement of grassroots Democrats with progressive ideals.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
Facebook Like Box