Nation Topics - The Courts
News and Features
In the United States, anti-Islamic fear-mongering has paved the way for efforts to criminalize the religion itself.
But the fact that five justices were nearly willing to strike it down shows just how conservative this Court truly is.
Could the Supreme Court's ruling on healthcare be a major victory for those who want to limit the social safety net?
Mitt's reaction to today's decision was feeble, and telling.
Contrary to many claims, the Supreme Court did not uphold the “show me your papers” provision of SB-1070—the decision is a near-complete victory for immigrants’ rights.
We need universal healthcare now, Flowers argues.
Most Americans want pretty much the same outcome from healthcare reform, and it’s not what either major-party candidate is offering.
One simple answer is: partisanship.
Why is a first-world country imprisoning its children for life?
A GOP win in November would move the most conservative bench in history even further to the right.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box