Nation Topics - The Constitution
News and Features
According to a recently declassified Justice Department white paper, the president can serve as judge, jury and executioner.
Thanks to the militarization and expansion of the “border” region, 197 million Americans now live within the jurisdiction of US Customs and Border Patrol.
Clinton is using Edward Snowden as a punching bag to shore up her hawkish bona fides.
In ruling that police may not search cellphones without a warrant, the Court brought the Fourth Amendment into the twenty-first century.
But will they apply the same logic to the NSA’s massive surveillance dragnet?
Since 9/11, the government has ceaselessly violated our constitutional rights—none more so than the right to privacy.
Since 9/11, power-hungry political leaders have eviscerated the First Amendment—and we’ve allowed them to do it.
“The first principle of any American intelligence official is not an oath to secrecy but a duty to the public, a commitment to speak truth to power.”
As Senator Feinstein has revealed, the CIA will not only stall but even spy on Congress to impede its investigation of wrongdoing.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box