Nation Topics - Taxes
News and Features
It’s absurd to expect agency auditors to sort out confusing, outdated campaign finance laws and regulations.
The tax savings of 19 US companies that park their money abroad would be more than enough to cover the $85 billion sequester cuts.
The decline of the progressive income tax and the rise of inequality.
In the looming debt-ceiling fight, progressives must make the case for protecting social programs, raising revenues and cutting the Pentagon budget.
What really happened on Capitol Hill this week, and a look ahead to the budget battles on the horizon.
Local and state governments are gaining the ability to restore basic services and infrastructure.
How to get yourself to the edge of the fiscal abyss and not jump.
Explaining the “magic" of private equity in eight simple steps.
Contrary to the spin, New York’s new tax plan privileges millionaires at the expense of the 99 percent.
When Congress, the president and the media run roughshod over popular will and citizen action, small-d democracy pays the price.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
Facebook Like Box