Nation Topics - Taxes
News and Features
Progressives have forgotten that taxes do more than just raise money.
It’s absurd to expect agency auditors to sort out confusing, outdated campaign finance laws and regulations.
The tax savings of 19 US companies that park their money abroad would be more than enough to cover the $85 billion sequester cuts.
The decline of the progressive income tax and the rise of inequality.
In the looming debt-ceiling fight, progressives must make the case for protecting social programs, raising revenues and cutting the Pentagon budget.
What really happened on Capitol Hill this week, and a look ahead to the budget battles on the horizon.
Local and state governments are gaining the ability to restore basic services and infrastructure.
How to get yourself to the edge of the fiscal abyss and not jump.
Explaining the “magic" of private equity in eight simple steps.
Contrary to the spin, New York’s new tax plan privileges millionaires at the expense of the 99 percent.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- How to Survive a Cop Coup: What Bill de Blasio Can Learn From Ecuador
Facebook Like Box