Nation Topics - Taxes
News and Features
Progressives have forgotten that taxes do more than just raise money.
It’s absurd to expect agency auditors to sort out confusing, outdated campaign finance laws and regulations.
The tax savings of 19 US companies that park their money abroad would be more than enough to cover the $85 billion sequester cuts.
The decline of the progressive income tax and the rise of inequality.
In the looming debt-ceiling fight, progressives must make the case for protecting social programs, raising revenues and cutting the Pentagon budget.
What really happened on Capitol Hill this week, and a look ahead to the budget battles on the horizon.
Local and state governments are gaining the ability to restore basic services and infrastructure.
How to get yourself to the edge of the fiscal abyss and not jump.
Explaining the “magic" of private equity in eight simple steps.
Contrary to the spin, New York’s new tax plan privileges millionaires at the expense of the 99 percent.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.