Nation Topics - Student Movements
News and Features
This article is part of the Haywood Burns Community Activist Journalism series.
"You have no idea how much love I got for this," says David Jamil Muhammad, referring to his role as a student organizer of "Hip-Hop Generation--Hip-Hop as a Movement." The conference was held Ap
Students heading for DC are bringing more than a toothbrush and a change of underwear.
The International Student Activism Alliance has been run by and for high school students since its founding in 1996. Read this report by Liza Featherstone, originally published in the June 21, 1999 issue of The Nation.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth
- Hundreds of Non-Union Workers With Taxpayer-Supported Jobs Plan to Strike Today