News and Features
Only the deepest cuts in the country will satisfy this crowd. Will the treatment kill the patient?
Facing a state budget that guts public jobs and services, a progressive coalition comes alive.
The senator's ideological shape-shifting has fallen out of favor.
In the wake of the shooting tragedy, the nation is seeing a true reflection of a state often misrepresented by its right-wing fringe.
The Washington Post's Ezra Klein joins Chris Hayes to discuss whether a new bipartisan proposal in the Senate could pave the way for states to adopt single-payer healthcare systems.
With callous austerity measures, New Jersey's Chris Christie has made himself a contender.
At the California governor's debate, Democrat Jerry Brown redeemed his flagging campaign by making a clear and convincing case for his candidacy.
A severe budget crisis has put all state services--from education to eldercare--in jeopardy.
Debra Medina has come from nowhere to threaten a runoff in the GOP gubernatorial primary.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth