News and Features
Can he make New York the “progressive capital of the nation”—by empowering Republicans?
Opponents of gun control spent the last twenty years undermining local approaches to gun policy.
Local and state governments are gaining the ability to restore basic services and infrastructure.
Obama’s re-election inspired residents of states like Louisiana and Alabama to push for independence from the rest of the country. They should be careful what they wish for.
In small hamlets and tiny towns you’ve never heard of, grassroots activists are taking a stand in what could be the final showdown for Earth’s future.
The shifting demographics of California are producing an American electoral majority that is more progressive.
County clerks are reporting inaccessible polling stations, damaged absentee ballots and mass confusion about where and how to vote on Tuesday.
No TV ads, no fancy consultants. The staunchly progressive Vermont senator is coasting toward re-election by talking about real issues, listening to voters and organizing.
The campaign”s final stretch finds Warren with a small lead and a revved-up volunteer base.
Turnout for a popular ballot measure that would fully legalize marijuana could determine whether Obama or Romney wins this important swing state.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box