Nation Topics - Sports
News and Features
Muhammad Ali, Hank Aaron, Gordie Howe and many more. The Nation's readers choose their childhood sports heroes.
Sports are more than just games: when we play or watch sports, we are forming the ways we look at our world and understand issues of sexism, racism, homophobia and nationalism.
Despite Hosni Mubarak's support for their sport, Egyptian squash players now show no sympathy for the fallen dictator.
A hilarious, incisive look at taxpayer-funded stadiums.
Sports has a rich tradition of resistance politics.
From Jackie Robinson and the first integrated sports teams to Pat Tillman and our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, sports is woven into the fabric of our nation.
There was a time—not too long ago—when black players were not allowed to play on "white" teams.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box