Nation Topics - Sports
News and Features
Professional soccer does everything to castrate its own energy of happiness, but it survives in spite of all the spites.
The Cup has become a tool for neoliberal plunder—but Brazilians are fighting back.
Sports tournaments will pollute air for “the earth’s lungs.”
To curb sexual assault, victims need allies and advocates. Former University of Missouri football player Rolandis Woodland is a model for this.
In the London neighborhood of Forest Gate, the spark of a soccer revolution is brewing.
The Nation's sports editor Dave Zirin will join former luge competitor Samantha Retrosi to take reader questions on the politics of the Olympic games.
War is just another game the US loves to play.
The Russian government’s anti-gay scapegoating diverts attention from what appears to be the most corrupt Olympics in history.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box