News and Features
A host of new groups are reviving the grassroots fight for racial equality.
Black women have made connections between their struggles and those of black men since the 1800s.
We all have different places in the racial hierarchy. But we can still work together for justice.
Black girls face daunting odds, too. Why does My Brother’s Keeper neglect their struggles?
Hackers are transforming an ancient city into a prototype for the future.
Read all the pieces in The Nation’s special issue on the new wave of racial justice organizing.
We must face the true causes of the chasm between white and black America.
He was a passionate purist in his prose, his populist politics and his expectations of others and himself.
Despite his best efforts to be the embodiment of respectability, it turns out Barack Obama is a role model for resistance.
Newspapers in America may be closing up shop, but muckrakers around the world are holding corrupt officials and corporate cronies accountable like never before.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box