News and Features
Research support was provided by the Investigative Fund of The Nation
With sniper suspect now in jail,
DAs are fighting tooth and nail.
They're in a monumental race
To see who gets to try this case
America is living in the blowback years.
During one pleasant dinner aboard the Nation cruise, one of my
tablemates told an amusing story about Einstein giving a lecture in
which he stated that he expected the solar system to im
Until and unless a nonhuman animal becomes a legal person, she will
remain invisible to civil law." This quote from the legal profile in
Bark magazine's fall issue in many ways sums up
Debbie Nathan is an attendee of Feminist Futures, a
New York-based study group whose organizers include Leonore Tiefer.
A year ago Congress overwhelmingly approved George W.
The USA Patriot Act was passed with much fanfare last October, but it was soon clear that lawmakers passed the package without examining all the parts.
One of the great disappointments of recent decades is that Democrats
have more or less swallowed whole the underlying economic theories of
their Republican rivals.
The New York City public school system doesn't have the money, time or
organizational skills to make sure every child has a dictionary--or a
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box