News and Features
The scientific race toward “precision medicine” is shifting the ethical foundations of public health.
Minorities confront prejudice and barriers to success in almost every aspect of their lives, but right-wing pundits prefer to blame the victims and the welfare state.
The flood of money into Washington has changed all that.
When it comes to the birds and the bees, LGBT Chinese students remain in the dark.
New “exceptions” to the country’s total ban on abortion are worthless in practice.
The NSA is monitoring almost all of our international communications. This is a fundamental violation of First and Fourth Amendment rights.
War between men and dogs looms in the Budapest of White God; Ethan Hawke pays homage to New York City’s greatest piano teacher in Seymour: An Introduction.
Richmond, Virginia, is the eleventh-most-unequal big city in the country; its leaders finally want to change that.
On women who refused to live in silence and be consigned to oblivion.
Reform advocates are making a compelling case for policies that take aim at mass incarceration.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.