News and Features
Students fighting to improve campus sexual assault policies face indifference—or worse—from administrators.
Under the spurious claim of protecting “civility,” the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has caved in to the McCarthyite bullying of the Israel lobby.
A host of new groups are reviving the grassroots fight for racial equality.
Black women have made connections between their struggles and those of black men since the 1800s.
We all have different places in the racial hierarchy. But we can still work together for justice.
Black girls face daunting odds, too. Why does My Brother’s Keeper neglect their struggles?
Hackers are transforming an ancient city into a prototype for the future.
Read all the pieces in The Nation’s special issue on the new wave of racial justice organizing.
We must face the true causes of the chasm between white and black America.
He was a passionate purist in his prose, his populist politics and his expectations of others and himself.
- How to Destroy a Public-School System
- The Supreme Court That Made It Easier to Buy Elections Just Made It Harder for People to Vote in Them
- What’s Wrong With the Radical Critique of the People’s Climate March
- Why Hong Kong’s ‘Occupy Central’ Movement Has Beijing Very, Very Scared
- Are Gaza Protests Coming to the NBA Preseason?
Facebook Like Box