News and Features
At the root of the border crisis is a wave of violence that the United States helped to create.
The so-called “Swedish model” banning the purchase but not the sale of sex is catching on in Europe. But does it work? And for whom?
The law, passed in 1993 with near-unanimous support, has become an excuse for bigotry, superstition and sectarianism.
According to a recently declassified Justice Department white paper, the president can serve as judge, jury and executioner.
The Roberts court has expanded First Amendment protections to such an extent that strikes, pickets, and boycotts should be protected as free speech.
The 52,000 unaccompanied children who have shown up at the border are fleeing gang violence and have valid claims to asylum.
As the online behemoth strengthens its monopoly over the marketplace, publishers, like bookstores, are in a fight for survival.
The architects of our foreign-policy disasters would prefer we simply forget the past.
A reporter’s journey involves writing with a sense of history and without false consolation.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box