News and Features
What can we expect from comprehensive immigration reform? In this Nation Conversation, Aura Bogado breaks down the range of possibilities for America's undocumented.
Undocumented activist Marco Saavedra talks with The Nation's Francis Reynolds and Aura Bogado about the struggle to crack open an Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center.
How the United States military has become a global police force for the superrich and superpowerful.
The sad truth is that disarming and defeating Silvio Berlusconi remains the country’s first priority.
In his second inaugural address, the president stood for collective action, solidarity, social justice. Now let’s make him act on it.
It’s how I came to understand that the world—and all oppression—is connected.
A community college class made social justice happen on November 6.
As we saw in this election, people of color can no longer be called "minorities." It's time to seize that power in the fight for true equality.
Social movements must bring the creative energy of protest culture to electoral campaigns.
Whoever wins on November 6, progressive campaigns will continue to target the tiny elite that rules the country.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box