News and Features
A community college class made social justice happen on November 6.
As we saw in this election, people of color can no longer be called "minorities." It's time to seize that power in the fight for true equality.
Social movements must bring the creative energy of protest culture to electoral campaigns.
Whoever wins on November 6, progressive campaigns will continue to target the tiny elite that rules the country.
On October 22, people across the country gathered for the seventeenth National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation.
In a second Obama term, we must organize to win a new social contract for a new economy.
In this election and after, we need to write a new story for our changing nation that places care and connection at the center.
The reverend sat down with The Nation to talk about his humanitarian trip to Africa and poverty in America.
Those claiming Occupy has failed already forget what other social justice sucesses have taught us: change is slow.
An Israeli court absolved the state of responsibility for her death. But the memory of this courageous activist for Palestinian rights will help advance her cause.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box