News and Features
Faced with dismal job prospects and enraged at a new internet piracy law, Spanish youth have occupied Madrid's La Puerta del Sol. But with the political right ascendant, where will their protests lead?
Arizona's notorious anti-immigrant crusader is about to become the first State Senate president in US history to be recalled.
On May 19, The Nation's Naomi Klein joined Noura Erakat, Lizzy Ratner, Trudie Styler and Col. Desmond Travers on a panel moderated by Laura Flanders for a conversation about the impact of the report on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
The legendary activist says that a revolutionary transformation of our society is not only possible, but necessary.
Dr. Margaret Flowers says that we need to protest corporations like Bank of America that refuse to pay their fair share of taxes if we want to build a real culture of resistance in this country.
The mass mobilization in Wisconsin was powerful. But Governor Scott Walker remained determined to disempower unions.
The spirit of democratic protest, so vibrant across the Middle East, has been kindled here in Middle America.
How Scott Walker’s unionbusting spurred a popular uprising.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box