News and Features
The Indian Nobel Peace Prize winner has repeatedly risked his life fighting child labor and sweatshop abuses.
Faced with police brutality, white hostility and entrenched racism, young activists are showing the world a new kind of resistance.
By facilitating access to treatment and services, Seattle’s drug-enforcement program actually helps those suffering from substance abuse, while revolutionizing criminal justice.
The case of Ayyub Abdul-Alim fits a decades-long pattern of government criminalization of African-American Muslims.
History suggests that progress in racial justice comes only when American leaders see it as crucial to US geopolitical interests.
The protests that followed the police shooting of Michael Brown created a network of youth in revolt.
Like the Civil Rights Act, the Wilderness Act brought about justice, but also compassion for the planet.
Overcoming years of tensions and divisions, parents and teachers are linking arms to save public schools.
What if, instead of accepting a future of climate catastrophe and private profits, we decide to change everything?
A host of new groups are reviving the grassroots fight for racial equality.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box