Nation Topics - Senate
News and Features
From blocking nominees to launching pointless investigations to deregulating everything, the new Senate is poised to wreak havoc.
After drugs were found aboard the Ping May, a vessel owned by his wife’s family’s company, Colombian authorities are investigating.
There’s more work to be done, but this was a big win for democracy.
And it’s a bipartisan effort.
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Why did war hero Chuck Hagel get blocked, while Wall Street crony Jack Lew sailed through?
Senate Dems should restore the practice to its proper function: as a tool for public dissent, rather than unchecked, covert obstruction.
The Wisconsin senate candidate rejects the idea of corporate personhood.
Senator Sherrod Brown has been a leader in taking on the big banks, and now the Chamber of Commerce is retaliating.
A famous indictment from a century ago aptly describes today’s corrupt legislative body.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box