Nation Topics - Senate
News and Features
There’s more work to be done, but this was a big win for democracy.
And it’s a bipartisan effort.
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Why did war hero Chuck Hagel get blocked, while Wall Street crony Jack Lew sailed through?
Senate Dems should restore the practice to its proper function: as a tool for public dissent, rather than unchecked, covert obstruction.
The Wisconsin senate candidate rejects the idea of corporate personhood.
Senator Sherrod Brown has been a leader in taking on the big banks, and now the Chamber of Commerce is retaliating.
A famous indictment from a century ago aptly describes today’s corrupt legislative body.
The senator's ideological shape-shifting has fallen out of favor.
Could the Senate start getting things done, if only legislators didn't have to face filibuster threats? This week on The Breakdown: the history of the filibuster, and how to get rid of it.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- No Water For Motown: Why Detroit Is Denying Its Citizens This Basic Human Right
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
Facebook Like Box