Nation Topics - Senate
News and Features
What the wake-up call is really telling us.
Martha Coakley's loss in Massachusetts put on display the monumental miscalculations by which Obama has governed.
Despite the Senate compromises, there's still a lot to like in the healthcare reform bill. But will it survive reconciliation?
Filibustering healthcare reform? This is not what democracy looks like.
The filibuster has become a cancer growing inside the world's greatest deliberative body.
It's time to abolish this undemocratic holdover from the days of slavery and segregation.
Nation contributing writer Bob Moser discusses the new 60-vote Democratic majority featuring Minnesota's finally seated Al Franken.
It's time for the GOP to end this charade.
With the stimulus battle out of the way, The Nation's Chris Hayes argues Democrats now need to focus on seating Al Franken as the fifty-ninth vote in the Senate.
There is no one Republicans are more determined to keep out of the Senate than Al Franken. And John Cornyn is poised to use the power of the filibuster to thwart him--and the Democratic agenda.
- Why GOP Control of the Senate Would Be a Disaster
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- The Cowardice of Bill Maher’s Anti-Muslim Bigotry
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
Facebook Like Box