Nation Topics - Religion
News and Features
The bishops want to put a stop to the nuns’ focus on social justice. Thanks to their second-class status within the church, the nuns have little recourse.
Mark Jordan and Jay Michaelson seek hope for gay religious practice in heretical churches and the Hebrew Bible.
How some Republican are transforming a conspiracy theory into a policy position.
Nuclear weapons are sinful.
Hamza Kashgari’s persecution—merely for tweeting uncertainty about his religious faith—exposes the cynicism and brutality of the kingdom’s royal-clerical rulers.
Shouldn't it be obvious that birth control coverage is about women's health, not “religious freedom”?
The president must decide what is more important: pandering to the Catholic hierarchy or protecting women's health.
God called me one night and asked me to run for president. He almost talked me into it.
The body of the church of Scientology is not well. Will its main legacy be its contribution to US tax law?
Why was Joseph Lelyveld’s history of Gandhi’s years in South Africa attacked by India’s Hindu right?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.