Nation Topics - Religion
News and Features
Obama promised to reverse the most egregious aspects of Bush's faith-based policies. So why is he extending them?
The massive participation by women in Iran's street demonstrations is surprising only if you accept the mullahs' view of women as weak and passive vessels.
In the wake of a charismatic speech, it's clear that a substantial majority of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims are rooting for him.
From Mirrors: Stories of Almost Everyone, tales of the Devil and wise women, torturers and the tortured.
Will Roman Catholicism be swept into the rising tide of religious fundamentalism?
Evangelicals serving in Afghanistan add spreading Christianity to list of duties in defiance of US military law.
According to Jon Stewart, the worshiper-in-chief can't seem to decide what faith he's going to adhere to.
Two decades after the Ayatollah Khomeini called for a fatwa against Salman Rushdie, not much has changed on either side of the cultural divide.
Thirty years after the Islamic revolution, Iran teeters on the brink of a different kind of revolt. Four books shed light on an ancient nation's many incarnations.
A conversation with astrophysicist Adam Frank about science, religion and manifestations of the sacred in the physical world.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Thomas Piketty and Millennial Marxists on the Scourge of Inequality
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- What the French E-mail Meme Reveals About America’s Runaway Culture of Work
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
Facebook Like Box