Nation Topics - Religion
News and Features
The Jewish push for peace is surging through the grassroots, but leaders and policy-makers are still turning a deaf ear.
Do brothel raids help trafficking victims escape abuse, or skirt the reality that makes recovery so difficult for the "rescued?"
Matthew Murray, a disturbed young gunman behind the the shootings in Colorado Springs, chose to end his nightmare and rebel against Christian-right self-help gurus and cult-like doctrines.
Christian agencies lavish support services on pregnant women--if they give up their babies.
Obama promised to reverse the most egregious aspects of Bush's faith-based policies. So why is he extending them?
The massive participation by women in Iran's street demonstrations is surprising only if you accept the mullahs' view of women as weak and passive vessels.
In the wake of a charismatic speech, it's clear that a substantial majority of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims are rooting for him.
From Mirrors: Stories of Almost Everyone, tales of the Devil and wise women, torturers and the tortured.
Will Roman Catholicism be swept into the rising tide of religious fundamentalism?
Evangelicals serving in Afghanistan add spreading Christianity to list of duties in defiance of US military law.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box