Nation Topics - Religion
News and Features
Is the promotion of violence inherent to any religion?
How the reckless Hobby Lobby decision has excited the imagination of the right wing.
The novelist discusses religion, history, language and the importance of moral scrutiny.
It’s too easy to condemn the right’s populist attacks on Muslims—especially with so many left-wing atheists and liberal hawks joining the party.
Billy Graham’s innocuous blend of showmanship and salvation.
The complex federal project of the EU has proven fragile in the absence of a strong external threat.
The country struggles with religion and integration one week after the Charlie Hebdo murders.
How evangelicals are taking advantage of publicly funded spaces.
The novelist offers an elegant answer to the question, “What is it to be human?”
Many will rightly remember Rabbi Leonard Beerman for his political and moral advocacy. My memories of him are of a more personal nature.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’