Nation Topics - Reimagining Capitalism
News and Features
No—the Greek negotiators had to swallow some bitter pills, but they extracted crucial concessions from the troika.
Greece’s new finance minister has studied a huge, functioning economy in incredible detail already—through an online multiplayer videogame.
With an eye on the United States and Greece, scholars at the Levy Economics Institute are developing plans to ensure full employment.
Not only does capitalist growth not reduce inequality; it increases it.
Even non-believers can’t deny the inherent wisdom and clarity of the pontiff’s critique of the modern capitalist economy.
Advocates for deep changes to our economic and political systems are turning to earlier movements for inspiration.
What does the National People’s Action director have in store for Obama’s second term?
A former managing director at JP Morgan wants to see a complete re-imagining of the world of investments.
The proverbial bogeymen of our world—Osama, Saddam, Gaddafi, Ahmadinejad—are clearly meant to act like so many mini-black holes absorbing all our fears. But they won’t save the West from its decline, or the former sole superpower from its comeuppance.
Nation readers offer fresh and creative ideas on how to reimagine capitalism.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.