Nation Topics - Regions and Countries
News and Features
Israel claims that it is merely exercising its right to self-defense and that Gaza is no longer occupied. Here’s what you need to know about these talking points and more.
At least sixteen Palestinian refugees seeking shelter were killed, more than 200 were wounded.
Nearly ninety people were killed by Israeli forces today, most of them in one of Gaza’s poorest and most crowded neighborhoods.
If Israel is not brought to justice, it will commit the same crimes again and again.
The old left sneers at the recently elected Matteo Renzi. But he’s already carried out undeniably redistributive measures during his brief tenure.
Our movement isn’t strong enough yet to end US enabling of the carnage in Gaza—but the shift in public discourse is a crucial first step.
While President Peña Nieto celebrates the Aztec Tiger, Mexico’s cartels reach deeper into the legal economy.
Zeid Ra’ad Zeid al-Hussein’s predecessor, Navi Pillay, drew attention to human rights violations across the globe. Will Zeid do the same?
“Of course we are proud to be in the fight. Kirkuk is our city.”
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’