Nation Topics - Regions and Countries
News and Features
Marca Tu Voto AC, a citizens’ group, is spearheading the national effort to overhaul Chile’s 1980 constitution.
For the people of South Africa, Mandela was the leader they could identify with—one who had suffered alongside them.
An effective isolation of Israeli academic institutions will undoubtedly curtail some privileges that Israeli scholars take for granted, like generous travel subsidies, but that has no bearing on their academic freedom.
Instead of boycotting, let's build transnational coalitions among scholars.
At first it was the Muslim Brotherhood. Now dozens of journalists, non-Islamist activists and students have been detained and beaten.
Contrary to what Goldberg has written, I believe that the only version of BDS that can be defended is one that is compatible with principles of academic freedom.
Will the country take a step toward democracy, or remain mired in corruption and repression?
Max Blumenthal’s carelessly constructed case against the Jewish state won’t help the occupation’s victims.
It’s not just here that the right has gone “wacko”—it isn’t interested in governing effectively in Europe, either.
A diplomatic solution is possible.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box