Nation Topics - Regions and Countries
News and Features
The move to a common currency masks a struggle over the social shape of Europe.
Scapegoating immigrants may be a transatlantic and pan-European phenomenon, but need Paris pander to those who want the tricolor to be monochrome?
Who would have guessed a few years ago that Italy's Communists, converted or otherwise, would win control of their country's government with the blessing of the U.S.
Russia's June 16 ballot is not simply the rematch of communism vs. capitalism.
Trotsky is both the hero of the Russian Revolution--the mastermind of October, the founder of the Red Army--and also its Job, hounded across a "planet without a visa," his family exterminated, hi
François Mitterrand badly wanted to leave a mark, an imprint.
"It's not a revolt, Sire, or a revolution; it's the beginning of the end of the reign of big business, of capital, over the minds of the people," a courtier might have told Jacques Chirac if, lik
Haitians call secondhand clothes pèpè, pronounced "peh-peh." In an earlier time these were called Twoomann and Kenedi because it was under those US Presidents
For once the news from France's racist front is optimistic. At least the worst will not happen.
Research support provided by the Investigative Fund of The Nation Institute.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box