Nation Topics - Regions and Countries
News and Features
In the past two days, both Defense Secretary Robert Gates and a Pakistani senior minister have confirmed that Blackwater is operating in Pakistan.
Among the dead in Haiti are the UN workers who were trying to make the nation a better place.
Amid mounting public pressure and calls for restructuring from The Nation, the IMF turns its $100 million loan to Haiti into a grant.
It's time to banish the word "looting" from the media vocabulary in times of disaster.
In this moment of death and destruction, we should not turn away.
For much of Haiti's existence, foreign powers have used debt not just to control but to plunder it.
How far have women come if a country like Canada permits a father to imprison his daughter in the cage of Saudi laws?
The Pentagon has a new Monroe Doctrine.
Jeremy Scahill discusses how Haiti's earthquake creates the perfect environment for security contractors to intervene and take advantage of the lawless state.
The continued portrayal of Haiti as the basket case of the hemisphere without accurate contextualization further wounds the Haitian people and misleads the American public.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth