News and Features
Progressive activists can learn important lessons from a successful grassroots campaign against transit racism.
The charges form the crux of a federal discrimination lawsuit that goes to trial this month.
Collecting DNA upon arrest can identify the guilty and exonerate the innocent. But it also amounts to an expanding racial dragnet.
In its historic decision, the Supreme Court ruled that poor people have a right to a lawyer. But today, our system of indigent defense is shameful.
Section 5 is as necessary today as it was in 1965, when Alabama state troopers beat freedom marchers in Selma.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is continuing the city’s tradition of refusing to apologize for the torture of scores of black men under police commander Jon Burge.
Glenn Harris discusses the goals and tactics of Seattle's unique "Race and Social Justice Initiative."
Rarely has the McCarthyite smear of “anti-Semitism” been revealed to be so empty as in the case of Obama’s DoD nominee.
It’s tempting to let the GOP continue its slide toward irrelevance—but that would deny this country the robust political debate we need.
The Fox News owner resorted to an anti-Semitic canard in attacking alleged media bias against Israel.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
Facebook Like Box