News and Features
The City of Chicago has paid tens of millions of dollars in settlements with victims of brutality under Police Commander Jon Burge. But justice is far from done—and some victims are still in prison.
Up an unpaved Idaho road, self-styled “patriots” gather to plan and train in close-quarters battle.
The tragic murder of Australian student Christopher Lane is being exploited by the right to stoke fears of a race war.
A panel discussion on the legacy of King's "Dream" speech.
Fifty years after the March on Washington, Dr. King’s most famous speech, like his own political legacy, is widely misunderstood.
Activists in Durham, North Carolina, have come together in support of Carlos Riley Jr. and against the racial policing they believe has put him behind bars.
How George Zimmerman’s lawyers exploited racist stereotypes to justify the fear—and killing—of black men.
Standing up against the institutionalized racial discrimination that made the Zimmerman verdict possible.
From Stand-Your-Ground to Stop-and-Frisk.
Why violent right-wing extremism doesn’t scare Americans.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box