News and Features
We must resist the push to increase surveillance and repeat the foreign policy mistakes of the past.
Facile explanations for the massacre must be resisted.
America’s giant wealth disparity is driven by a history of racist redlining.
In a country that has always used race to justify inequality, ending police brutality is just the start.
In their quest to wipe out extra-legal racial violence, white liberals created a system that continues to kill black people—legally.
While New York City mourns, political opportunists point fingers—but we should really be talking about reforms that would keep everyone safe.
From Bill de Blasio to Eric Holder to Barack Obama to #BlackLivesMatter, right-wing pundits are blaming everyone and everything but the obvious.
Body cameras have been embraced by the police, even as police attack cop-watch patrols.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.