News and Features
You may have never heard of True the Vote, but the organization has major plans for upcoming elections across the country.
Why is a first-world country imprisoning its children for life?
What makes this case exceptional is neither race nor the politics of self-defense alone but the total failure to investigate it for so long.
Those new to the cause of defending black life will soon have to face the bleak truth black people have lived with for so long: we don’t often win.
Like trial of OJ Simpson and the Rodney King case, the Zimmerman trial may reveal very different visions of justice.
Efforts she spearheaded in the sixties set model for the grassroots rebuilding efforts that would unfold in cities around the country in decades to come.
As long as black men are assumed to be armed and dangerous, Stand Your Ground laws will produce more Trayvon Martins.
Despite the end of Jim Crow, it is once again socially, politically and legally acceptable to presume the guilt of nonwhite bodies.
Here's what we know about the groups that help fund ALEC, the organization that drafted the law that keeps Trayvon Martin’s killer free.
A thousand demonstrators gathered in Union Square to call for the prosecution of George Zimmerman, Martin’s killer. More protests are planned across the country.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box