News and Features
On October 22, people across the country gathered for the seventeenth National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation.
American Freedom Defense Initiative's Islamophobic ad campaign faced massive pushback from the forces of decency and justice.
From voter ID laws to inaccessible polling stations, Native voters in Arizona face a cascading series of hurdles to participating in the November election.
In The Expendable Man, the story of an innocent under suspicion is given a racial twist.
A former voter ID supporter realizes the real racial motive behind supposedly “common sense” reforms.
An important court decision stayed the GOP’s voter-suppression scheme in Pennsylvania. But that battle, and others like it across the nation, is only just beginning.
An audio recording of a stop-and-frisk in action sheds unprecedented light on a practice that has put the city’s young people of color in the NYPD's cross hairs.
The former black congressman became a star among tea partiers after coming out in support of Voter ID laws.
This election has posed a challenge of self-control for Republicans raised on a diet of welfare queens and Willie Horton.
While preventing a Republican triumph is imperative, we should have no illusions about Obama.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box