News and Features
The problem is not that Zimmerman was afforded the presumption of innocence. It is that Trayvon Martin was not—and that defendants who look like him are denied that right every day.
How long are we supposed to remain calm when the laws we are called on to respect are an open assault on our humanity?
How did a president beloved by Jews come to be regarded as an anti-Semite who refused to save them from the Nazis?
Standing up against the institutionalized racial discrimination that made the Zimmerman verdict possible.
From Stand-Your-Ground to Stop-and-Frisk.
Why violent right-wing extremism doesn’t scare Americans.
The Supreme Court affirmed the rights of gay people just as it rode roughshod over the rights of African-Americans.
There’s something wrong when the number of young black men stopped by police in New York City exceeds the number of young black men actually living in the city.
How to pre-convict and pre-punish an American Muslim.
Western media are characterizing the demonstrations as a clash between Islamism and secularism—but it’s government abuse of power that Turks are protesting.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
Facebook Like Box