News and Features
From Bill de Blasio to Eric Holder to Barack Obama to #BlackLivesMatter, right-wing pundits are blaming everyone and everything but the obvious.
Body cameras have been embraced by the police, even as police attack cop-watch patrols.
Valuing all lives equally would transform how we respond to the climate crisis.
When a parent is sent to prison, a child’s life is derailed, leaving schools to pick up the pieces.
What would governments do if black and brown lives counted as much as white lives?
We need law and policing reform, but first we have to want to end state-sanctioned violence against African-Americans.
No, we should not stop talking about police shootings.
Last night, hundreds of protesters converged on the Cavaliers-Nets game to continue to demand justice in the wake of the Eric Garner case.
Unlike Michael Jordan, the man who has a statue on the east side of the United Center, Rose took a stand on a polarizing issue as a player.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.