News and Features
The Biryulyovo riots should be read first and foremost as a protest against the multiethnic state.
The fight against marijuana prohibition must put racial justice at the center.
The federal government has subsidized the criminalization of millions of young people simply for having a small amount of pot.
Paul Butler used to send people to prison for drugs. Now he supports letting guilty drug offenders go.
For decades, Native Americans have fought to change the NFL team’s name. Now, finally, there’s a groundswell for change.
Some states are reviving disenfranchisement schemes that date back to the antebellum South.
A history of the fight for voting rights and the movement to restrict them once again.
Republicans replay their Southern Strategy in an attempt to undermine the Affordable Care Act.
He’s saying the right things. Will the US Conference of Catholic Bishops listen?
He seems like a lovely, modest man, but there's no sign he will change the church’s stance on issues that matter to women.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box