News and Features
The religious exemption in the current version of ENDA would enshrine the idea that LGBT equality is incompatible with the free exercise of religion.
A new book distorts science to define race.
This latest evidence of hatred is an alarming reminder of how a wonderful educational project continues to stand on precarious ground.
Do white pundits, reporters and TV producers have a no-snitch policy on exposing crises in the white community?
Underdevelopment in the Caribbean is a direct legacy of the slave trade, and descendants of enslaved Africans should be compensated accordingly.
A new report documents incidents of bigotry and suggests fighting bad speech with counter speech.
Schools are resegregating, it’s getting harder to vote, too many are incarcerated—America is becoming more separate and less equal.
Sixty years after Brown, whiter, wealthier communities are breaking away from racially and economically diverse school districts.
Still mourning Chokwe Lumumba, progressives gather to push his vision for worker-owned co-ops.
Richard Rodriguez’s vision of racial mixing as New World destiny.
- Why GOP Control of the Senate Would Be a Disaster
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- The Cowardice of Bill Maher’s Anti-Muslim Bigotry
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
Facebook Like Box