News and Features
Tidy stories reducing the atrocity to a clash of civilizations or a problem with integration are neither enlightening nor satisfying.
In a country that has always used race to justify inequality, ending police brutality is just the start.
The novelist offers an elegant answer to the question, “What is it to be human?”
In their quest to wipe out extra-legal racial violence, white liberals created a system that continues to kill black people—legally.
Many will rightly remember Rabbi Leonard Beerman for his political and moral advocacy. My memories of him are of a more personal nature.
While New York City mourns, political opportunists point fingers—but we should really be talking about reforms that would keep everyone safe.
From Bill de Blasio to Eric Holder to Barack Obama to #BlackLivesMatter, right-wing pundits are blaming everyone and everything but the obvious.
Body cameras have been embraced by the police, even as police attack cop-watch patrols.
- Patricia Arquette’s Equal Pay Message Needs a Drastic Rewrite
- A 2-Day Revolt at a Texas Private Prison Reveals Everything That’s Wrong with Criminalizing Immigration
- How ‘Islamic’ Is the Islamic State?
- Netanyahu’s Latest Falsehood: The US Didn’t Support the Establishment of Israel
- What Happens if You Refuse to Pay Off Your Student Debt?
Facebook Like Box