News and Features
In the US today, the very ordinariness of Muslim-American life has become grounds for suspicion.
From Arab bandits to TV terrorists, the history of Islamophobia in US popular culture is long and ugly.
Behind nearly every “foiled terror plot” lurks a government informant sent to entrap hapless young Muslim men.
Assailed by the right as a fiction, anti-Muslim bias is all too real for those who live with it.
Sharia is as unthreatening to the US legal system as the ideas in the Old Testament. Yet bigoted hysteria is fueling legislation that actually undermines our courts.
Before the War on Terror and Ray Kelly's spies, the War on Crime helped transform the NYPD into a small army.
Philanthropist Nina Rosenwald has used her millions to cement the alliance between the pro-Israel lobby and the Islamophobic fringe.
My dad, Dr. Sami Al-Arian, was arrested by the FBI on trumped up charges, sending a chill through the local Muslim community. Yet we found support from unlikely allies.
Emily Bernard’s Carl Van Vechten and the Harlem Renaissance.
Why is the Vatican cracking down on the Leadership Conference of Women Religious?
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box